Week 1 May- 15 May 2023
Acknowledge your limits, no shame, no guilt, no regrets- Mars Captain
- BRC-20, BRC-21, BRC-this, BRC-that, please be reminded that you can't do smart contract on any of these standards, so you shouldn't be comparing them with ERC-20. Plus, Unisat Wallet's launch had immediately multiple bugs. Why would you speculate on a wallet for the storage of a few lines of code a unicorn? (You can launch standards, but it doesn't mean it will become a market or drive adoption, there is no adoption, sorry. Good luck to those who do Unisat wallet or DIY other superior standards. The memory of $BCH and $BSV is still fresh.)
- Memeconomy's best signification is its relevancy to the principles of permissionlessness, on-chain transparency, and David against Goliah type of small winning big legends. Oh, where are advocates saying more regulation is good? Are they busy aping in $PEPE and pause their advocacy? Has Linkedin crypto gurus caught up with the meme rave, or your corporate friends start to pivot to alternative meme investment yet? If not, there is still some time to ride this hype.
- There seems to have no coming-backs of NFTs, poor JPEGs, RIP 2021-2023 Spring. Except DeFi and stablecoins, not yet a super sound business models in crypto. Buidlers have to DYOR more relentlessly and tirelessly.
💵 Stablecoin & Market Landscape
- Stablecoin market share remains high in reference to the total crypto market capitalization. 11.17% of stablecoin (131B) on 1.17T crypto market.
Reminder: Mid-NOV 2021, this percentage was around 4ish% with a 3T total MC. Now we are at 11ish% with a 1ishT total MC.
- Now at 1.17T. Still hanging around on the 1T level. Going steady.
Reminder, June and Nov 2022 witnessed a bottom of 800ish B MC vis-a-vis the market’s top in NOV 2021 at 3T.
- These NFTs need immediate innovation or else they are going to ashes behind the next bull run.
- Founders and teams and whale holders, please think of running a proper project, you don't need to travel on private jets or throw big lavish parties to show that you are important.
- Nothing to comment on, but voilà!
- Someone farming addresses after the Arbitrum saga? What's gonna launch on BNB then?
- BTC magazine has always held crystal clear eyes towards the market. Quote, "It took the last two bitcoin cycles around three years each to return to their previous all-time high. Currently, we’re halfway through that period. Both previous cycles also saw price action that retested market bottoms. It’s best to prepare for a similar scenario playing out, especially considering current macro headwinds. At the least, history would show us that it’s a good time to have patience at this part in the cycle." 💎✋
- UAE is the interesting country in this ranking, anyone knows why?
- If $BTC is digital gold, $LTC is digitial silver. MBWB + the highest payment method adoption available makes this legacy coin a solid one, in a way. And its halving is coming soon.
- Has been sideways for around 1 month now. There should have room to drop further, even though price actions might not move. Binance's liquidity depth has been halved and halved in the last month, how bullish are you?
- CBBI has been stagnant as well. Boring but looks healthy.
📰 Current affairs
Layer 1s/ Major DeFi
Macro econ/ Regulations
Research reports/videos (DYOR)