Week 15 Mar - 20 Mar 2023
There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen - Mars Captain
- Fear & Greed index summarises more than what we think, so we are in greed territory now, are you sure you want to continue FOMO?
- Media VS Fundamentals, we have seen this throughout 2021-2022, and the same patterns still repeats in 2023. Which side shall retail investors take? Captain is old school. So, fxxk the media (precisely left-wing, Anglo-Saxon, Bloomberg, Ex-this, Ex that, whatever ones like SBF we kn0w.)
- The FED will not be hesitant on their hammer, unless they are just a corporation, not a government. Running a state and running a business are two very different things. Don't be confused.
💵 Stablecoin & Market Landscape
- Stablecoin market share remains high in reference to the total crypto market capitalization. 11.12% of stablecoin (134.4B) on 1.2T crypto market.
- Every 1% decline of stable MC translates into 3-4$ total MC growth. 11-12% was 2022 summer level.
Reminder: Mid-NOV 2021, this percentage was around 4ish% with a 3T total MC. Now we are at 12ish% with a 1ishT total MC.
- Now at 1.2T. Still hanging around on the 1T level. Going steady.
Reminder, June and Nov 2022 witnessed a bottom of 800ish B MC vis-a-vis the market’s top in NOV 2021 at 3T.
FED balance sheet increase
- This is something worrying... They literally undid what they have done in the last 6 months amidst the FTX saga & inflation.
- Moral of the story is that, neither FTX or inflation did they care as much as their bank pals. There is no way they can stop the inflation with such a move... Steady, lads.
- I don't think we had been here during 2022 summer's the Merge hype. This is definitely too high for the current price level.
- A TL:DR action would be sell when this index's in green if you bought in the red. Not Financial advice though, LOL
- Happy to see people paying attention back to BTC, though am still not convinced that this price level can sustain.
📰 Current affairs
Layer 1s/ Major DeFi
Macro econ/ Regulations
Research reports/videos (DYOR)